Start Pac carries the leading railroad locomotive starter unit on the market. This American made Patent Pending lightweight mobile ground power unit is designed to directly start the locomotive engine when the locomotive battery is not sufficiently charged or capable of starting the engine. The 3324RR locomotive engine starting maintenance unit can be manufactured with wheels or without wheels to be truck mounted. This unit is designed to jump start locomotive engines up to 3500 horse power; it is not designed for battery charging.
The Model 3324RR is a locomotive jump starter that weighs 215 lbs/97.5 kgs
- The Model 3324RR is a locomotive jump starter that weighs 215 lbs./97.5 kgs
- Dimensions: L 38″ x W 21″ x H 20″/L 96.52cm x W 53.34cm x H 50.8cm; Handle Height 48″/121.92cm.
- Heavy duty welded powder coated case
- Heavy duty locomotive alligator clamps
- Heavy duty solid rubber wheels for rough terrain
- 26 AH (amp hours) at 10 hour rate
- 72 Volt DC-76 Volt at rest
- Sealed cell non-hazardous
- Valve regulated high amperage output lead acid
- 330 CCA
- 2400 Peak Amps/Short Circuit
- Power supply/charger
- Multi- unit 8 Amp DC continuous output
- Battery recharge time from fully discharged – 2 hours
- AC Input – 110 Volts or 220 Volts only, MUST BE SPECIFIED
- Safety Feature
- Emergency Disconnect- this is a rotary type switch on the outside of the case that disconnects the battery bank from the output cables to the locomotive.
- Reverse Polarity Detector- this is a safety feature installed into the cables near the alligator clamps that connect to the locomotive so that the operator will see the reverse polarity detector light illuminate if the clamps are connected in the reverse position.
- This unit is designed to start diesel engines up to 3500 horse power, but will not overcome a dead locomotive battery at the same time. In this case, disconnect the locomotive battery.
The following dimensions apply to each of the 3300s:
L 38″ x W 21″ x H 20″/L 96.52cm x W 53.34cm x H 50.8cm; Handle Height 48″/121.92cm.
All Start Pac™ products come with a 1-year warranty on workmanship and materials. Batteries are cycle-dependent and therefore are not covered under this warranty.
Please handle this unit in a responsible manner. Start Pac™ is not responsible for damages caused by misuse or neglect.
The GPU is rated at 330 CCA. Multi-unit chargers offer redundant field reliability. Units can be serviced in the field if needed when conducting locomotive maintenance.
Model 3324RR weighs 215 lbs. with dimensions 38″x21″x20″ and is pulled by hand or by a tug. The handle is 48” high. Locking the handle in an upright position sets the brake for this railroad locomotive starter GPU.
Power cables are normally 25′ but can be up to 35′. 800 amp alligator clamps can be installed if required.
PLEASE NOTE: When trying to start a locomotive with a dead battery, the battery must be disconnected (knife switch).
NOTE: Always recharge the GPU until green charger lights appear. Once charged, it is not necessary to leave the unit turned on. If a heater is installed, leave unit plugged in.
Always recharge soon after being used to prevent sulfation of the batteries.
CAUTION- When using the emergency disconnect, whether activating or deactivating, there should be no load on the Start Pac® batteries from the locomotive. Severe arcing will result which will cause damage to the relays. Therefore, only use the disconnect under normal operations while the Start Pac® is unloaded except in an emergency.
NOTE- PLEASE USE #12 or Larger AC EXTENSION CORD